Welcome to USA Best Bet for another exciting Wednesday of sports picks, bets, and action. We have a jam-packed MLB schedule to enjoy today, and NFL Week 3 is just around the corner, so let’s dive into making your next bet better with USA Best Bet!
Yesterday’s Sports Success!
We had a full slate of MLB games on Tuesday, and while the Blue Jays fell to the Yankees, our expert came through with his Best Bet of the day. Additionally, he went 2-0 on his YRFI/NRFI best bets and 2-0 on our player prop bets, improving to a remarkable 14-2 run.
Today’s Best Bets in Sports
Check out our MLB picks for all of today’s games, including the Yankees vs. Blue Jays at 7:07 pm ET and the Astros vs. Mariners in a pivotal AL West series at 9:40 pm ET.
Best Sport Bet of the Day: Texas Rangers ML over Los Angeles Angels (-160) – 9:38 pm ET
The AL West is currently in disarray, and the Rangers are leading the division. Texas had a slim lead heading into Tuesday night’s game, barely staying ahead of the Mariners and Astros, who are currently facing each other. Therefore, the Rangers must seize the opportunity in this series against the struggling Angels.
Taking the mound for the Rangers is the reliable Dane Dunning, who boasts a 3.88 ERA in 162.1 innings this season. While Dunning has had some recent struggles, it could be attributed to the heavy workload this season. Fortunately for him, he has performed exceptionally well against the Angels this year. In 10 innings against Los Angeles, he allowed just 8 hits and 3 earned runs. Now, he faces an Angels lineup missing key players like Shohei Ohtani, Mike Trout, and Anthony Rendon.
Best Bet MLB: Tampa Bay Rays ML over Boston Red Sox (-125)
You know that expression, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”? Well, that’s what I’m doing here. Yesterday’s best bet was for the Rays to win the series opener, and they jumped out to a quick 7-0 lead and won the game. That win was impressive to me because they did not have Yandy Diaz, Randy Arozarena or Harold Ramirez in the starting lineup. Those three are usually the 1-2-3 hitters in their lineup, so not having any of them was a huge deal. However, I am optimistic that at least one of them will play today. Ramirez appeared as a pinch-hitter in last night’s game, which means he should be back today after a rest day. As for Arozarena, he actually asked Kevin Cash to play last night, but Cash held him out. Since the Rays have an off day tomorrow before their final series of the season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Diaz and/or Arozarena in the lineup since they already have tomorrow off. That would be a huge boost for their lineup, but they likely won’t need to provide that much run support since Tyler Glasnow is on the hill.
In 20 starts, Glasnow has a 3.68 ERA and a stunning 32.7% strikeout rate. More recently, Glasnow has held hitters to a .198 xBA with a 33% strikeout rate in 5 starts in September. One of those outings came against the Red Sox, and it was his best start of the season. He went 6 innings and allowed 1 run and 3 hits while striking out a season-high 14 hitters. That means 14 of the 18 outs were via strikeout! But that wasn’t the only time he faced the Red Sox. A few months ago, Glasnow threw 5.1 innings in Boston and surrendered 1 run and 4 hits while recording 6 strikeouts. His success against the Red Sox does not appear to be a fluke because Boston’s hitters have a horrible track record against Glasnow in their careers. Between Rafael Devers, Justin Turner, Alex Verdugo, Adam Duvall, Masataka Yoshida and Trevor Story, they are a combined 12-for-65 (.185) with 26 strikeouts.
On the mound for the Red Sox is Brayan Bello, who is a bright spot in the organization, but has struggled in the last few weeks. Bello owns a 7.65 ERA and a 1.55 WHIP in 4 starts this month. In those 4 starts, Bello has allowed a .304 batting average and a 41% hard-hit rate. And unlike Boston’s lineup against Glasnow, the Tampa Bay offense has mashed Bello in their careers. Between Josh Lowe, Yandy Diaz, Randy Arozarena, Harold Ramirez, Jonathan Aranda and Manuel Margot, they are 14-for-34 (.412) with 6 extra-base hits. For the second day in a row, I’m backing the Rays for a 1.5-unit play in Boston.
- It’s Ryder Cup week, so be sure to read the Ryder Cup predictions and Ryder Cup prop bets from Diane Knox Balas.
- Our expert has the inside track on YRFI/NRFI best bets for today’s baseball games and is looking to build on his impressive 33-17 run.
- Check out our expert’s NFL futures best bets to place before Week 4.
- We also have NFL Power Rankings for you to peruse before Week 4.
- Get a head start on NFL Week 4 by checking out the early lines and odds.
- Discover our Lions vs. Packers best prop bets for Thursday Night Football after our expert went 10-3 in Week 3.
- We have some NCAAF Week 5 best bets and all the odds.
- Stay updated with all of our sports betting articles as they arrive throughout the morning and afternoon on the Analysis tab.
Stat of the Day
Prior to their loss against the Tigers on Tuesday, the Royals had won 11 of their previous 12 games, propelling them past the Oakland A’s, who now hold the worst record in baseball.
Elevate Your Sports Betting Experience
- Unlock the potential of USA Best Bet, your hub for free MLB Picks. Navigate through an array of MLB Prop Bets, MLB Parlays, and expert MLB Best Bets, enriching your betting journey with profound insights.
- NFL Football Picks
- NBA Basketball Picks
- MLB Baseball Picks
- NHL Hockey Picks
- NCAA College Football and Basketball
- UFC / Mixed Martial Arts
- Want More Expert Sports Picks for Today?
- USA Best Bet experts have sports betting picks free with great free tips, advice, and sports bet lessons. Free Sports Picks for both national and international sports from around the world today including:
- Football (NFL, College Football)
- Basketball (NBA, College Basketball)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL )
- Soccer (MLS, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Champions League, UEFA, FIFA)
- Tennis (ATP, WTA)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA)
- Horse Racing
- (UFC) Mixed Martial Arts
Today Best Bet in Sports Picks and Parlay – 100% Free Expert Bet. Happy punting with these excellent free expert picks from the USA Best Bet in sports betting experts