Welcome to USA Best Bet, as we recap Week 1 and analyze Week 2 Bets and Previews. The opening act of the college football season has nearly reached its finale. With a mix of nail-biting overtime finishes, jaw-dropping upsets, and powerhouse performances by national title contenders, Week 1 delivered a tantalizing taste of what the season promises. As the last handful of Week 1 games unfold, our gaze shifts to the exciting matchups that await us in Week 2.
This slate features colossal headliners, coupled with intriguing battles throughout the schedule. The opening lines, freshly minted by most sportsbooks on Sunday, lay the foundation for our first impressions. Let’s dive into the Week 2 lineup, analyze these initial lines, and provide our insights.
Week 2 College Football Opening Lines and Odds
- Illinois +2.5 (-110) vs Kansas – Friday, September 8
- Vanderbilt +10.5 (-110) vs Wake Forest – Saturday, September 9
- Purdue -3.5 (-110) vs Virginia Tech – Saturday, September 9
- Ball State +45.5 (-110) vs Georgia – Saturday, September 9
- Notre Dame -7.5 (-110) vs NC State – Saturday, September 9
- Nebraska +1.5 (-110) vs Colorado -1.5 – Saturday, September 9
- Troy +15.5 (-110) vs Kansas State – Saturday, September 9
- Utah -6.5 (-110) vs Baylor – Saturday, September 9
- UNLV +38.5 (-110) vs Michigan – Saturday, September 9
- Iowa -3.5 (-110) vs Iowa State – Saturday, September 9
- Ole Miss -4.5 (-105) vs Tulane – Saturday, September 9
- Texas A&M -4.5 (-110) vs Miami – Saturday, September 9
- Tulsa +35.5 (-110) vs Washington – Saturday, September 9
- SMU +16 (-110) vs Oklahoma – Saturday, September 9
- Cincinnati +4.5 (-110) vs Pittsburgh – Saturday, September 9
- UCF -2.5 (-105) vs Boise State – Saturday, September 9
- Oregon -7.5 (-110) vs Texas Tech – Saturday, September 9
- Texas +8 (-110) vs Alabama – Saturday, September 9
- Wisconsin -4.5 (-102) vs Washington State – Saturday, September 9
- Oklahoma State -4.5 (-110) vs Arizona State – Saturday, September 9
- Stanford +30.5 (-110) vs USC – Saturday, September 9
- Auburn -5.5 (-110) vs Cal – Saturday, September 9
Stay tuned for college football picks and NCAAF predictions for all the season’s marquee matchups!
Early Football Bets for NCAAF Week 2
Football Pick: Kansas Jayhawks -2.5 (-110) over Illinois Fighting Illini
The transformation led by Lance Leipold at Kansas over the past two seasons deserves applause. Long-suffering Jayhawks fans finally have a reason to be proud as their team eyes a second consecutive bowl game. The Jayhawks flaunt an elite offense featuring myriad motion concepts and misdirection tactics that confound opposing defenses. Moreover, they boast two exceptional quarterbacks, Jalon Daniels and Jason Bean, both delivering stellar performances as starters or in relief. Daniels, with his dual-threat prowess, is a nightmare for opposing defenses and will lead the charge for the Jayhawks on Friday.
While Illinois showcased a stout defense last season, their fortunes took a hit in the season opener against Toledo, an offense far less potent than Kansas’. Additionally, the Illini can ill-afford to engage in a shootout, as their offense appears as the weaker unit in this matchup. Anticipate the Jayhawks to secure a consistent lead, even if they don’t accumulate numerous stops. With our projections leaning towards a field goal or more, seizing the 2.5-point advantage while it lasts seems prudent.
Football Pick: Texas Longhorns +8 (-110) vs Alabama Crimson Tide
A highly anticipated contest that has lingered on the radar all summer, this game promises to be one of the season’s defining moments. Alabama endured the summer hearing accolades about Georgia’s dominance, all while wrestling with questions at the quarterback position. Conversely, in Austin, Texas, optimism reigns supreme. The Longhorns are the clear favorites to win the Big 12, boasting one of the deepest rosters in the nation on both sides of the ball.
The aura surrounding this matchup mirrors that of last season’s Alabama vs. Tennessee encounter. In both games, an ascending team, yet to earn national respect, faced a comparatively weaker Alabama squad. The talent gap between the teams is slight, as proven by last year’s meeting. With Quinn Ewers in his second season and Jalen Milroe as their counterparts, Texas seems to have the edge at quarterback. Should the Longhorns hold their ground in the trenches, there’s no reason to believe they can’t secure an outright upset. A comprehensive writeup on this game is forthcoming, but for now, seizing the 8 points appears wise, with our threshold extending down to 7.
- Elevate Your Betting Experience
- Unlock the potential of USA Best Bet, your hub for free MLB Picks. Navigate through an array of MLB Prop Bets, MLB Parlays, and expert MLB Best Bets, enriching your betting journey with profound insights.
- NFL Football Picks
- NBA Basketball Picks
- MLB Baseball Picks
- NHL Hockey Picks
- NCAA College Football and Basketball
- UFC / Mixed Martial Arts
- Want More Expert Sports Picks for Today?
- USA Best Bet experts have sports betting picks free with great free tips, advice, and sports bet lessons. Free Sports Picks for both national and international sports from around the world today including:
- Football (NFL, College Football)
- Basketball (NBA, College Basketball)
- Baseball (MLB)
- Hockey (NHL )
- Soccer (MLS, EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Champions League, UEFA, FIFA)
- Tennis (ATP, WTA)
- Golf (PGA, LPGA)
- Horse Racing
- (UFC) Mixed Martial Arts
- Today Best Bet in Sports Picks and Parlay – 100% Free Expert Bet. Happy punting with these excellent free expert picks from the USA Best Bet in sports betting experts.